Thursday, July 15, 2010

Yes, I am a Soccer Mom

I didn't plan on being a soccer Mom,
but that's what I have become.

Maureen did soccer for a few years.
She liked it, didn't Love it.
She did one season of travel and hung up her cleats.

I always thought Luke would be a baseball kid.
At 18 months old he would pick up empty 2 liter bottles and swing them at tennis balls.

He played Pee Wee, Prep and attended Baseball camps.

But last fall we saw a change.

Luke made a Travel Soccer Team.

He loved it!
He worked hard at it,
and was pretty good.

In October he was invited to go to a Red Sox game with his buddy.
Red Sox--his heroes.
His bedroom walls are covered in Red Sox posters.

" I can't go, " Luke said when he was told about the game.
" WHAT?!", I replied.

" I got a soccer game. My team is counting on me. I can't go, " he said.

It was at that moment I became a Soccer Mom!









No comments: