Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Disorganized

I try to be organized, but I am not.

I am better when I was, but still could use some help.

My sister -in-law is VERY organized!
Her pantry cupboard looks like an ad for a tupperware ad.
The food is orgaizd by date and what gets the most use.
My pantry-- things are in bins--and don't look at the floor!

In my defense, I was never taught how to organize things.
When I was 5 years old, I was told that it was my turn to do the dishes.
Everyone got up and left the table.
I was left to hand wash dishes for 6 people.

Since then I have been trying to learn housecleaning tasks.
I am better but not great.

Because I am not good at these tasks I tend to do everything.
I think I trying not to repeat my past.
I have taught Maureen to do a few things in the past year.
She does her own laundry, cleans her room and helps with the cooking.

Luke on the other, not so good.
J has him doing much more than I do.

Yesterday Luke started a new camp.
I was sick so J said he would get him ready and drop him off.
J showed the list of stuff he needed told him to get a bag and check off the stuff as he put it in.

I would have done everything myself.

But Luke did it.
Not only did he do yesterday, he did it today!

I guess J was on to something!




1 comment:

Misty said...

when i lived with my birth family, i was expected to do no chores, and have no responsibility. I remember it being such a source of negative remarks and conversation. i have several vivid memories of trying to step up and help, only to be verbally abused for it. When i was 12 and went to the group home, chores were a way of life. LOTS of chores... and honestly, i took such pride in my responsibility. I try really hard to raise up my kids with a balance of that- but it's tough because Gen would rather lay around and do nothing.