Sunday, July 11, 2010

Living Gluten Free --Out in the World

J and I went out on a date Saturday night.
We decided to leave the Happy Valley and head to the Berkshires to see a comedy show--(Dave Hill).
We took our time and wandered through the "blue highways", enjoying the mountain scenery.

We arrived at our destination about 2 hours before the show started.
We drove around looking for a restaurant that served Gluten Free food.
I asked at 4 places.
No one knew what I was talking about.

We went to the place where the show was.
I wandered into the courtyard and saw a sign that said the place closed at 6 and gave directions where you could find restaurants.
So we kept looking.

After a half an hour we gave up.
J headed to Mickey D's and I to the local grocery store to grab a salad.

The local grocery store didn't have a salad bar.
The store was pretty dirty and gross--I stepped on gum while I was in there.
I grabbed rice cakes, peanut butter and bananas.

We ate in the car, looking at the beautiful mountains.

Dorothy, we are not in the Happy Valley anymore!




No comments: