Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Doctor's Office

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment.
I hate going to the doctor.
I hate getting a pap smear.

But I went.

I checked in.
Waited about 4 minutes and was called in.

This great I thought.
No waiting.

The nurse did her thing, weight ( another thing I hate), height, and BP.
She took out "the gown".
Told me to undress and put in on.
Then she left.

I did what she told me.
Got up on the table and waited.

And waited.
I looked around for something to read.
Nothing, only signs on the walls.

Signs that did not make me feel to comfortable.

Examples--Have your moles change lately?
These are some examples of moles that might be skin cancer.

So here I am nude, except for "the gown" and I can see most of my moles.
I start thinking-" Is this what they always looked like?
Have they changed?
OMG do have cancer?

I stop looking and notice another sign on the wall.
This one was on a container.
"Warning--punctures from these objects can be fatal"

FATAL?!!!!

I notice that the container is filled with needles.

Now the rational me is saying it's the AIDS thing BUT,
the little kid in me is saying--

"Told you shots were bad!"

That's it.
I am outta here.
I start to stand up and the doctor comes in.

The exam went well--even the PAP.

When she was done she asked if I had any questions.
I answered, " Why aren't there any magazines in here?"



1 comment:

BloomingtonGirl said...

That was a very funny post. At least they didn't have a mirror, harsh lighting and Botox brochures.
Great to be in touch, Happy Valley Mom. Thanks for making me aware of your blog. Hope to see you sometime soon.