Saturday, September 20, 2008

Why is Gulliver Barking?!

Gulliver ( our dog) needed to go out and do his business. Son let him out.

A few minutes later Gulliver returned and started barking.  Son let him in.

Gulliver kept barking.  I yelled from the other room

" Why is he still barking?"

Daughter yelled" Don't let him out!  There is a bear in the back yard!"

I went to the window and sure enough 20 feet from the house was a black bear.

It walked across our back yard, crossed the street, and through the neighbors yard to an open field.

A Black Bear.  

I called hubby at work.

" Did you take a picture?" he asked.

I was to stunned to even think about a camera.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's awesome! We had a momma bear and her cubs up at my parents. Those rolly polly cubs so cute. But it gives me shivers to think of how dangerous!

But we did get some pics. ha ha!

Misty said...

What a good dog!!!

Caffeine Court said...

I am so glad they didn't let the dog out!!! I'd hate to think what a bear could do to a cute little doggy!

I love your blog!

I could go for a place where I didn't have to shave my legs everyday.

Maybe I'll come live with you. :)