Tuesday, September 9, 2008

DUH...


I don't like housework. 
I am not good at housework. 
I like a clean house but I am not very good at it.
For years I have tried to keep the kitchen clean  but I can't keep it up. 

The ritual. Come home from work. Clean the kitchen, load dirty dishes, make dinner. After dinner put what I can in the dishwasher, run it call it a night.  In the morning maneuver around the dirty dishes that didn't make it into the dishwasher.

But now something has shifted. I get home from work and unload the dishwasher. Then I put the  breakfast dishes in the dishwasher. When I make dinner I clean up as I go. After dinner the kids clear their dishes and load them in the dishwasher. Then I wipe down counters and run dishwasher before I go to bed. In the morning  I wake up to clean counters. When I come home counters are clean .   ( see how clean they are?)

It is a miracle!  It is like the universe has shifted!

I wonder how long it will last?

2 comments:

Misty said...

cleaning isn't my favorite thing either. I love it though, when I get into a little ritual (even if life makes it temporary)

Anonymous said...

Nice, it's good when you can get a system. I'm lucky, there's no one but me to mess. :-) So it doesn't get messy.