Monday, September 29, 2008

Birthday Wishes

My niece turns 3 today,  and I am angry.

I am angry that her dad is not here to be a part of the celebration. 
I am angry that her dad won't be here to read her stories at night.
I am angry that her mom is left to plan the rest of her birthday celebrations by herself.
I am angry that my niece won't remember her Daddy.


and.........
I am angry at her Dad.  

Her Dad had a disease that slowly took him away from his family.  
He had a stinking Dis Ease that did not allow him to see that he had choices.  
He thought the only way  out was to take his life.

I am angry that the medical professional did not know how to help him.


I wish he was here to be a Daddy to his little girl.
I wish he was here to say Happy Birthday.
I wish he was here to tuck her in and kiss her good night.

I wish he knew there was another answer.




2 comments:

Misty said...

sad... This broke my heart. I wonder how many children have this same story?

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

So do I!