Sunday, January 18, 2009

Something to Ponder

I read a line in a book--" I am my own best friend."

Hmmmmm--I don't think I am.

I put myself down, I put myself at the end of the list.

I would never say things to my friends like I say about me.

For a long time I hated myself. I felt like I didn't measure up. I wasn't smart or pretty enough. 
Actually, I felt like I wasn't enough of anything.

But little by slow I started to accept me.

Today I know I am good at my job. I know that I am good teacher and I DO help them.

Today I know that I am not ugly and I am learning to take care of myself.  I am working on my posture, eating better, dressing better and exercising.  I am ok with me. I know I can get better and WANT to get better.  

That is a big change. I never felt like I deserved to get better or would ever get better. 

Today I know and want to be better/ healthier.

Today I am excited for what's around he next corner. I am enjoying getting to know me and ...

Starting to enjoy me.

3 comments:

Misty said...

good for you!!! i am right there with you, almost exactly.

Jess said...

I was just in Blog stalking heaven and I read this post and I am already in love with you! I am definately adding this blog to my daily reads =)

Mandy said...

I think that it's wonderful that you have arrived at this place in life.