Monday, January 26, 2009

Remembering

The Flu bug has come to the Happy Valley.

Son got it first.
He was such a trooper!

As I sat up with him until 2am, I was remembering the first time one of my children got the flu.

It was Daughter and I was totally overwhelmed.

Will she ever stop throwing up?
How will I know when it time to cal the doctor?
How can so much be in the tummy of a 3 month old?

This time I knew what to do.
I got a bucket. I rubbed his back. I sat on the couch with him and turned on the TV to distract him.

I knew what to do thanks to the help of Sue and ML.
Every time Daughter got sick I called them.
Sue would say-" Yep, that's what you do."
ML would say ." You are doing a good job. Trust your gut."

It was nice to know that I could take of Son this time but I kindof missed that check in.

It brought back warm memories.

So as I stayed up with Son, I told him the stories of Sue and Grammy.
He said it helped.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Good MOM!!!!! I hated those days, but loved that I had a great network of friends since I didn't have my mom to rely on.