Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pictures

Pictures are funny things. 
They freeze a moment  and then life goes on.

I hate pictures of me.
I am always shocked at how I look.
I don't feel like I look.

As a result I don't like having my picture taken.
There are few pictures of me.
This doesn't usually bother me until  Christmas card time.
Then it looks like I am not a part of my life.
I am --I am the one taking the picture.

This year card had pictures of the people we lost and us.
I took most of the pictures and as a result am not in the pictures
Well, I am in one.

Normally, I don't care but this time it looks like I wasn't a part of their lives
But I was.

Is it just enough to know it for myself and who cares what everyone else thinks?
Is it just an in law thing?

Don't get me wrong, I love the card and the pictures.
It just looks like I didn't part take in their lives.

Something to think about for the future....

1 comment:

Misty said...

interesting... I have girlfriends who love pictures of themselves... and I always hope that when people see the rare photos of me, they don't feel as disgusted as I do when I see them.