Tuesday, January 20, 2009

An Awakening

This president has woke me up. He has reminded me of my roots.

I am close to his age, was raised during the late 60's early 70's.

I along with many others were raise to do help others.


When I was trying to figure out what I wanted to be when I "grew up" --helping others was the underlying theme.

Somewhere along the way those seeds that were planted got hidden below the bush and were replaced with " stuff".The need to keep up with the " Jones" came first.


The idea of the beautiful home with the the granite counter tops kitchen , big screen TV's , Wii's and playstations came first.


My kids see something on TV they yell--'I want that" or "Can we get that?".

Somewhere along the way I lost what was important.




I am going back to my roots.

I am going to remind myself what is really important.

I am going to help others. I am going to instill these values in my children.

And I am sooo excited that a have a president that is going to lead the way.






1 comment:

Misty said...

PERFECTLY said! Though raised in the 70's and 80's I still had a heart to help... As an abused child, I ached to help abused kids.
And now, I watch the Inauguration on my big screen tv while surfing the net on my laptop...