Friday, January 9, 2009

Did Not See THAT Coming!

So after two days of not being able to flush a toilet or run water, we decided to bail.

We left for Hubby's step dad's house. He is out of town and said we could crash there.

The kids started to act up.
" This is hard"  Daughter said.
" What's hard? Going to a place where we can flush toilets?" I replied.

" It will be fine. Quickly get your stuff and let's go!" I said.
I was tired of looking at the crap in my tub. 
I was tired of the smell of poop and Clorox!
I wanted out!

We arrived with 2 very quiet children.

When I went to tuck them in- --they were crying.

" Are you going to sleep in the bed that Grammy died in? " asked Son.

I was stunned!!!

I TOTALLY forgot!  Grammy died here.

This  loving home had become   "The place where Grammy died".

I took a minute and told them how Grammy loved having them sleep over there--how she decorated the room with them in mind.
That seemed to help a little.

Some how them managed to fall asleep.

Someone ought to write a manual for this stuff!

1 comment:

Misty said...

considering what you are facing at home, I could see how that detail wouldn't be at the forefront of your thoughts!