Sunday, November 16, 2008

Traditions #1

On the third weekend of November, Hubby goes on retreat. He has been doing this for 15 years with the same 20 guys.

About 7 years ago the kids and I started our own tradition. 

We go to the local christmas shop and look at all the decorations. We pick out ornaments and a piece for our Christmas Village.

This morning I discovered that I get grumpy when we do this--I guess that is part of the tradition.


Another thing we do is drag out the Christmas movies.  Hubby does not like Christmas, so this gives us a chance enjoy the movies without comments from the peanut gallery.

My favorites; Santa Claus 2, It's a Wonderful Life and Prancer.

And so the tradition continues.



2 comments:

Misty said...

i love those Christmas movies too. I also love The Christmas List... And Unaccompanied minors. i LOVE christmas movies...

Mandy said...

Traditions are important and the kids will look back on those fondly. Sounds like fun to me!