Sunday, August 31, 2008

New shoes


When I was little we always got new shoes as part of our back to school shopping. I would wear them the first day and come home with horrible blisters.  ( you know, the kind that bleed onto your socks).  I would then spend the next week limping around and wearing last years shoes.

School started on Thursday. I wore my new shoes to school-sandals the kind that has the thing between your toes. They are really cute--have a black and white flower design on them.  They looked so great and were so comfortable I wore them Friday too. 

Yesterday I woke up with blisters between my toes!  Who knew you could have blisters between your toes?  

Side note--Daughter wore new shoes on Thursday.  She has blisters on her feet.  Guess I have started another family tradition!

2 comments:

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

Awe...love the family tradition! I have been a mad woman trying to get organized. I bought Middle a new sheet set, he never did get one when he transitioned to a big boy bed.

You should see their room, it looks so cute. I took all the baby-ish stuff down, after all they aren't babies any more.

Thoughts and prayers for Gena!

Momo said...

yeah I know how that feels. but still love the idea.