Monday, August 25, 2008

Vanity


Today I got my haircut and colored... yes colored. My hair was several different colors. Primarily white and gray.  Thanks to the magic of Brenda it is now blonde and brown.  Not a speck of gray showing. I look 10 years younger than I did this morning.  Isn't modern day science wonderful.

My mom used to dye her own hair. As a result the walls in the kitchen had many black spots on them. Not sure if that added to the resale value of our house.

What did our grandmothers do?  Did they embrace their white and gray hair or did they wish they had access to today hairdressers?  

As I look at my newly color hair I have to ask--if I color my hair does that mean I am vain?

            

1 comment:

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

Jaguar Brown was the color my grandmother dyed her hair. I don't think anyone has any interest in being white haired.

Welcome to the blogosphere!