Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Another one--not so close

It's been a little over 6 months since ML died.
Nine months since Bruce died.
Almost a year since Joe died and over a year since Steve died.

We went away as a family for a week.
We went away as a couple for a weekend.

I exhaled....
Bud always says don't exhale.
Bud's brother called this morning.
Bud's nephew died.
He died of an overdose.

I knew his nephew--but not well.

Once again I heard the pain, anger and sadness in Bud's voice.
I was catapulted back to the previous losses.

I am beginning to wonder if people are trying to exit the planet.
Several religions talk about a second coming in 2012.
Is what coming so bad that so many people are leaving now?
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.

ML was sick for a long time,
Joe dropped dead,
nephew was 25,
Bruce 54--cancer of the lover--hadn't had a drink in 24 years!!

It makes you wonder.........
What exactly is God's plan......

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm so sorry. And I aks myself about God's plan all the time.

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

NO no no no...