Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Couldn't Help It--I Wish I Had....

Meg asked if she could trust me with something...... I said yes..

She said " You can't tell anyone! Promise?"

I should have said no.. but I didn't.

I couldn't help myself--I WANTED to know.

Meg said again " You can't tell anyone... ANYONE!!!!!  No One Else Knows!"

I said " You can trust me."
What I SHOULD have said is--" Don't tell me!  I don't want to know--don't need to know!

But I didn't ....
No one else knew--I had to know!!!!
and then she told me.

Now I wish Ihad been stronger.
It's gossip --total gossip--gossip that no one else knows. 
I have a weakness for gossip--I wish I could say I was better than that---
But ... I am not....  I am weak......


So Meg told me........
Now my opinion of someone has TOTALLY changed.
Someone I thought I knew --suddenly disappeared as the words came out of her mouth.
Someone I had know for 5 years. Someone I respected. Someone I thought would never be one of " those"... became one of " Those".


If it had happen one time --I might have said it was just a mistake.
It didn't happen once--it happened all summer.

It explains so much...  
 *his nervousness
*his restlessness
*his saying" Things are crazy here--you don't know how crazy."
*the moving of his assistant to another department --and why she was soooo upset!
*why they are always bickering!

I thought I knew him.  

I should have said no.


No comments: