Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Signal

Son came up with  a signal.

Right before ML died he went to her house to talk to her. 

She had already slipped into a coma type state but the hospice worker assured him Grammy could hear.

He got scared and asked me to do it....so I did.

I told her the Son wanted to have a signal between them so he would know she was thinking of him in heaven.  The signal was a beautiful, sunny day in which Son could play outside all day. 

The next morning I told him Grammy had died during the night. He got sad, cried , and said 
" I am so glad we told her about the signal".

Two days later we are running errands and Son stops.  He looks around and gasps.

" It is a beautiful day " he exclaimed. He started to cry.

And then, as if on cue, a swarm of birds fly by.

" Oh, Grammy loved birds!
She letting us know she has arrived in Heaven and she is ok!"

He turned and smiled at me.

Then he took my hand and skipped  a few steps.

" She's ok!" he whispered.

1 comment:

Misty said...

oh my gosh... Tears are pouring down my face. Warm tears...