Friday, October 17, 2008

FW


I have been a fair weather fan.

Normally, I watch every game and know every play and player... ( when did Kotsay start?)

Normally, I am glued to the TV.  I yell and cheer.

Normally, I can't wait to get to school and discuss the game with the custodians.


But not this year.

This year I fall asleep soon after I sit down to watch the game.

This year the custodians have stopped asking me about the games.


And on Thursday night I went to bed when the score was 5 to 0. 

When Hubby told me that they had won 8-7 in the ninth, I DID NOT Believe him.

I have  forgotten to BELIEVE.

That is until today.  

Today it was back. 
Today the custodians discussed the game with me. ( they went to bed too)
Today there was hope. 
Today we talked about how we have been there before and we can do it again.
Today, we were Red Sox fans.  
Down but not out!

Thank you Red Sox Nation for giving me something to believe in.  

This year,more than any other,  I really need that.


No comments: